Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Let the Craziness Begin!

September has/will be an insane month for me. I have 5 weddings just this month - talk about finishing with a bang! I'll be stopping mid October until at least the 1st of January 2011 because of the new baby. I am, however, currently booking weddings for next year!!This past weekend was crazy. I had a wedding on Friday, anniversary on Saturday, and baptism on Sunday. The wedding cake was neat - different from all of my previous ones!12" bottom tier dummy cake, 10" & 8" middle & top tiers were almond cake with white chocolate ganache filling. All tiers were frosted in buttercream. Bottom & middle tier had royal icing detail work (bottom had beadwork, middle had Celtic knotwork). Top tier had sugar rose garland (all made by me) and topper was sugar roses as well! Lots of detail, but I love it! I worked with my photographer, Chelse from Eieio/Glow Photography on this wedding (hence the gorgeous picture!).I also did a surprise groom's cake for her husband - a Rochester police dept. badge because he is an officer. It's chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and covered in fondant. The fondant was airbrushed & had royal icing details.
My next cake was for a 60th anniversary party. I totally loved it because it was fall-themed and these past few days have felt like fall (which I love!!). It was a 1/2 sheet yellow cake with custard filling and chocolate buttercream frosting/basketweave. All flowers were royal icing & made by me.
My last cake of the weekend was for a little girl's baptism. Her mom sent me a bunch of different pictures, and liked elements from each, so we incorporated all the little things she liked into one cake. I love doing that, because the design comes out different - and I think this one turned out so nice! It was also a special cake because both the cake and the cookies were all dairy-free! So if this is a need of yours, we can work with it and still make you a gorgeous cake!!
The bottom tier was 8" chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling. Top tier was 6" yellow cake with vanilla buttercream filling and slices of fresh strawberries on top. Both tiers were frosted in vanilla buttercream with the diamond press/dragees on sides & fondant bow/accents. She was doves as the main theme, so we made a banner topper with doves "holding" it up.
They also ordered 3 dozen sugar cookies frosted & decorated in royal icing. They were wrapped individually for use as favors.
I'm planning on doing some posts about the different reception venues I do weddings at. The one from this past weekend was awesome, so it got me thinking about doing it. So be watching for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment