Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Insanity!!

This past weekend was another crazy one! I'm really not sure how I made it through! First, I had a wedding cake... 5 tiers! I love the look! This was done for a reception at the Plantation Party House in Spencerport. My sister had her wedding there - I love it, totally gorgeous location & awesome food! Anyways, the cake was 12", 10", 8", 6", and 4" round marble tiers all with fresh raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. All the flowers were made by me out of fondant.
Next, I made a birthdya cake for my nephew's 3rd birthday. He is in love with Toy Story, specifically Woody. So I found this idea for a neat cake & re-created it for him. To see his face when I brought it in made it all worth it! :) Bottom tier: 9" confetti cake with chocolate buttercream filling & frosting and covered in fondant. Top tier: 6" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling & frosting. Fondant accents & hat topper.
After this, I had another monster of a wedding cake. This was another 5-tier. 12" carrot cake w/cream cheese filling, 10" chocolate cake w/chocolate ganache filling, and 8", 6", 4" white cakes w/fresh raspberry filling. All tiers with cream cheese frosting & covered in fondant. Diamond press on sides w/pearl dragees and satin ribbon and pearls at the bottoms of each tier. Fresh roses.And since apparently I didn't think I was already swamped as it was, I decided to pick up a last-minute order for Geva Theatre. They needed 2 sheet cakes; 1 to celebrate their 38th season & 1 for the play they were doing this week: Amadeus. One was chocolate cake, one was yellow cake. Logos done in fondant & royal icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment