Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Company/Birthday Weekend

No weddings this weekend! I had 2 birthdays & cakes for a company picnic to do.

I started out with this 30th birthday cake... The mom ordered this cake for her daughter, who was extremely unhappy about turning 30! 4", 6", 8" white cake offset tiers with chocolate ganache filling and whipped cream frosting. Coffin topper is styrofoam covered in fondant & tombstone is fondant.
Next I made a cake for my husband, whose birthday party was yesterday. It was hard to decide what to do because I love having the ability to be totally creative with it! I decided on a carved handgun, because he loves to go shooting. He loved it. :) Case is chocolate peanut butter chip cake with chocolate buttercream frosting covered in fondant. Handgun is white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting covered in fondant with fondant details. Both cakes are handcarved! Bullseye & bullets are fondant as well. I'd also made about 3 dozen assorted dark & milk chocolate truffles, but they were gone too quickly to get a picture!
Close-up of gun details:The last thing I had to do was a cake & desserts for a company picnic for the hair salon I go to: Attitudes Hair Design & Spa. (FYI - they're amazing!!) I made 80 milk & white chocolate covered strawberries, and 80 milk & white chocolate cookie dough balls (which I didn't get a picture of). I also made this Reese's barrel cakes (one of my favorites!). I absolutely love this one though, I think because it feels so "fall-ish" with the colors of the ribbons! 4", 6", 8" chocolate cakes with chocolate buttercream filling & frosting. Kit-Kats around sides & filled with Reese's Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment