Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Royal Blue & John Deere

Last weekend I had a wedding to do at the beautiful Belhurst Castle in Geneva. I love that place more & more every time I go! And Carmen, the events coordinator, is so helpful & nice!

Anyways, I did a 4-tier bride's cake. 12", 10", 8", & 6" tiers, all chocolate cake w/chocolate ganache filling & buttercream frosting. Satin ribbon & royal blue buttercream scrolls. Bride provided the monogram topper (which I love!). Everything looked so nice when it was all done.

As a surprise to the groom, the bride ordered him a groom's cake in the shape of a John Deere tractor. He kept saying how he wanted a John Deere topper on the bride's cake, but she didn't... so she thought she'd surprise him with this. So cute! Chocolate cake w/peanut butter ganache filling covered in fondant. Everything is edible!I also did a graduation cake, but deleted those pictures on accident! So hopefully I'll get some soon. I have a ton of stuff for this week, but will be on vacation for the first 2 weeks of August (for anyone thinking about getting a cake then).

I'm happy to announce some new fillings to add to my list!
* Chocolate Mousse
* Oreo Truffle
* Strawberry Mousse
* Maple
* Lemon Cream
Also adding chocolate-covered Oreos to the list of goodies I offer!

Also, we will be having a garage sale sometime in August... probably the last weekend. So if anyone wants to stop by, I plan on having some fresh goodies available for purchase at the sale as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment