Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lots To Do!

Just got done with an insane week... 4 cakes & 1 cupcake order! First I had a wedding at the Plantation Party House in Spencerport. It looked beautiful there - my sister was married there & everything was gorgeous - totally recommend it to any brides! (Plus the staff was super nice!)

I did a 4-tier square cake with offset tiers (love the look). 12", 10", 8", and 6" vanilla tiers all with buttercream filling & frosting. She wanted a drizzled look to the cake, and her color was brown, so I used some milk chocolate & went crazy. 2 silk callalillies on top.
Next was my cupcake order. I did 2 dozen minis - 4 different flavors. 6 are lemon cake, 6 are chocolate, 6 are yellow, and 6 are marble. Some with chocolate & some with vanilla buttercream. Each has a fondant decoration on top.
After this I had a couple birthday cakes... the first was for a golf lover's 50th birthday. So of course a golf cake was needed. 6" & 9" vanilla tiers w/mint chocolate ganache filling & buttercream frosting. Pine trees are royal icing. Hat & flag are fondant.
Next was a sixties-themed cake for a 60th birthday. I had fun with this... the colors & cutouts were so neat to use. She wanted something simple, so we just went with a white background with all sorts of cutouts from back then. These were all made from fondant. The cake is 6" chocolate & 9" lemon with buttercream filling & frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment