Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Been Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Since May (when I closed the blog) things at Simply Sweets have been crazy... as usual!

I made this fake cake for my photographer (Chelse w/Eieio & Glow Photography). They made a mock wedding & decided on the look of a birch tree cake. Tiers are 8" & 6" frosted in buttercream & I painted on the "wood" look. Fresh flowers were added there. I then did a HUGE wedding (my biggest so far I think). The bride wanted a dummy cake (8" w/buttercream frosting & quilted w/silver dragees) so she could use her cake topper.
Then I made 300 mini cupcakes (red velvet w/cream cheese, carrot w/cream cheese, almond w/raspberry filling & buttercream, and chocolate w/chocolate ganache filling & chocolate buttercream) each with their own fondant flower on top & ribbon/bow wrapped around each cupcake. 3D cupcake for cake cutting... almond w/buttercream. Monogram & hearts made from white chocolate. On top of all this, there were about 800 small desserts, including chocolate-covered strawberries, berry cups, chocolate-covered pretzels, chocolate truffles, and more.
Then came a birthday cake for someone at my church. The mom wanted a simple cake for her daughter with pink & purple & polka dots. Since I get TONS of polka dot cakes, I figured I'd go with a little different style & go with the bow as well to make it look like a gift. 8" vanilla cake w/buttercream frosting. Fondant dots/bow.
After this, I had a few small smash cakes to do... I love doing these! So easy, but so stinkin' cute! I always work with Chelse from Eieio Photography or Denyse from D'Marie Photography for these.

This first one was from D'Marie Photography... given freedom to do whatever with design; colors matched birthday girl's outfit & daisies were taken from the skirt she wore.The next few are from Eieio Photography...
And finally the first 2-tier smash cake (love it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment