Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bridal Shows & An Award!

This past weekend was an exciting one for Simply Sweets! First I participated in the WellWed Wedding Affair Event at the Memorial Art Gallery on Saturday Jan. 22nd. I was asked to provide a variety of desserts to be passed around.

I brought a variety of chocolate desserts: truffles, chocolate-covered cookie dough balls, cake balls, chocolate-covered marshmallows, chocolate-covered pretzels, and berry cups.
I also provided 75 mini cupcakes (strawberry, red velvet, vanilla, and chocolate) with buttercream frosting & assorted toppers.

The next day I participated in the Bride's World event at The Marketplace Mall on Jan. 23rd. Here is a view of the whole table set-up (2 chocolate platters, a cupcake tower, and 2 display cakes):
Display cake #1 (8" extended tier & 6" regular tier with buttercream frosting decorated in fabric ribbon & crystal brooches):
Display cake #2 (14", 12", 10", 8" tiers with buttercream frosting decorated in fabric ribbon, fake pearls, and fondant butterflies. Topper made by a friend, Valerie Carlson):
I have a couple of cool announcements! I am participating in another show in February on the 27th at the RIT Inn & Conference Center. Brides, be sure to check us out there!

And finally, I am pleased to announce that I received an award from WeddingWire in the Bride's Choice Awards for 2011. This award recognizes the top 5 percent of local wedding professionals from the WeddingWire Network who demonstrate quality & service excellence in the wedding industry.
Check out my reviews on WeddingWire, and if you are a satisfied client, feel free to post a review as well!

1 comment: